The Student Secure International Student Insurance plan is another international student insurance plan Good Neighbor Insurance provides to her student guests! Our Student Secure International Student Insurance plan is medical coverage designed specifically to meet the various needs of students studying abroad. Not only is insurance an important part of the student visa application process, but it also can help reduce out-of-pocket costs for unforeseen medical expenses. Head over here to https://www.goodinternationalstudentinsurance.com/hcc-student-secure-international-student-insurance/ to view all the up-to-date benefits on the Student Secure brochure.
If you’re planning to study abroad, there are three key reasons why you will need an international student health insurance plan:
- Visa/Proof of Subsistence: Most countries require incoming international students to possess a visa while studying abroad. Several of these countries, such as the United States, ask for proof of subsistence for things like food and medical expenses incurred while traveling.
- Study Abroad Program: Many study abroad programs, like in Australia, France, and Spain, require students to either register for a predetermined plan or provide their own student medical insurance.
- Unexpected Medical Costs: A plan can help mitigate out-of-pocket spending for unexpected medical costs. Students studying abroad, especially on a budget, should consider investing in a health insurance plan.
Depending where you plan to study in Germany, England or Australia, you should research your destination country’s visa requirements in order to know if you’ll need medical insurance. Every destination is different. However, some countries ask visitors to provide proof of subsistence for medical expenses in order to obtain a visa. An international student health insurance plan may not be required like in the U.S., but it is commonly used as proof of subsistence for medical costs. There are a few visas that do require insurance:
- Student Schengen Visa: Non-European citizens who plan to study in Europe must apply for a student Schengen visa. The Schengen visa not only allows you to study in Europe, it also allows you to travel to other European countries that are part of the Schengen area. Click here for more information about student Schengen visas.
- F-1 Visa: International students looking to study on a long-term basis and receive a degree in the United States will need an F-1 visa. Discover everything you’ll need for an F-1 visa.
- J-1 Visa: These visas are issued for international visitors enrolled in a short-term, work-and-study based exchange programs in the United States.
The HCC Student Secure international student insurance plan covers medical evacuation coverage also. Would you know what to do if you found yourself in a life threatening situation far from home? The Student Secure plan has experienced customer service in arranging emergency medical evacuations.
Student Secure will cover the necessary expenses to transport you to the nearest medical facility qualified to treat your life threatening condition. We also understand the importance of family support in these difficult situations. HCC Student Secure will cover the transportation, lodging, and meal costs for a relative to join you after an emergency medical evacuation up to the lifetime limit.
GoodInternationalStudentInsurance.com works in collaboration with Good Neighbor Insurance. Please call one of our licensed agents at 866-636-9100 or locally at 480-633-9500 if you have any questions. You may also reach us via email at .
Good Neighbor Insurance has been in business for over 20 years! Every one of our internationally trained and licensed insurance agents has a heart to serve you, our guests. It is a joy to know that we can provide you peace of mind with one of our many international student insurance options to safe guard from financial calamity as well as providing you the best overseas medical care during your studies and travels.
We thank you for giving us the privilege of serving you as you fulfill your dreams!
Have amazing and safe travels!