We like the GeoBlue Navigator study abroad insurance plan to protect U.S. students and faculty against accidents and sickness when studying overseas:
- This plan is more comprehensive than any other student health insurance plan, and has an extensive international network connected to BCBS
- Plans are open to qualified U.S. citizens studying outside the USA, engaged in full-time international studies or teaching, ages 14-75
- They permit Group Quotes from educational organizations – Can cover groups with 25 or more enrollees, and plan designs can be customized.
- Costs less than similar health plans for non-Students, yet exceeds all local/national requirements
- GeoBlue arranges to pay the doctor or hospital directly, and waives deductible if you see a participating physician
- Includes emergency evacuation and transportation and unlimited annual and maximum medical
- Designed especially for U.S. students studying internationally – No dependents are allowed on this plan
- Rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- After 364 days of continuous coverage, GeoBlue Navigator members may apply for a new plan that covers maternity costs in the same way as all other medical conditions.
We can also provide you with a generic student insurance quote if you have questions or would prefer that method.