- Short or long-term worldwide health insurance protection for U.S. students or groups of two or more traveling internationally to study
- IMG has served over a million people around the globe
- Allows for coverage of pre-existing medical conditions after someone has been on the plan twelve months
- Deductible before insurance pays: $100 or $50 if treated in Student Health Center, in network or Student Health Center
- Includes medical and political evacuation as well as terrorism
- Includes mental health, intercollegiate sports, emergency dental, incidental home country coverage up to 2 weeks, and more
- Coverage for dependents and family members
- This is our best Student Plan for families/includes maternity coverage
- If the plan is purchased for a minimum of 3 months, it may be extended/renewed up to 12 months. If no break in coverage, this plan may be renewed for up to 5 years
- We like that Student Health Advantage is underwritten by Sirius International Insurance Corporation and is rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best and A- by Standard & Poor’s
If you cannot use the BUY ONLINE button above due to a poor or unreliable internet connection, needing to pay by check, or you are from a country that does not allow online form submission due to fraud, use this link to download a paper application (sometimes included as part of their brochure).
Protection when you go overseas to study or teach
International Medical Group® (IMG®) has developed Student Health Advantage, a special health care plan designed for students and professors to specifically meet the needs of those involved in long-term educational programs. The IMG Student Health Advantage study abroad insurance plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day, providing you (or your group) Coverage Without Boundaries®. IMG has also has great multilingual customer service and dedicated claims administrators.
- Pre-existing coverage after 12 months or six months (depending on rider eligibility)
- Lifetime Maximum – Student $500,000 / Dependent $50,000
- Per Illness/Injury Maximum – Student $300,000 / Each eligible dependent $50,000
- $100 per Illness/Injury
- $5 co-pay per visit if treatment received in Student Health Center
- Charges incurred outside the U.S. or Canada – No Coinsurance 100% paid
- Charges incurred within the U.S. or Canada
- In PPO network or Student Health Center – No Coinsurance 100% paid
- Out of PPO network – 80% of the first $5,000 of eligible charges, then 100% thereafter
- In-Patient Usual, reasonable and customary
- Out-patient 50% of actual charges
- Physical Therapy URC – limit once per day
- Local Ambulance – Per Injury Up to $350 or per Illness (only if admitted In-patient) Up to $350
- Dental injury ($500) and sudden and unexpected pain ($350)
- Intercollegiate/Interscholastic/ $5,000 per Injury/Illness – Intramural or Club Sports Medical Expenses only
- Incidental Home Country Coverage Up to a cumulative two weeks
- Optional rider for adventure sports
- AD&D benefit
- Terrorism, political evacuation, Emergency medical reunion, return of mortal remains,…
- Mental health – Incl. Alcohol and drug-related – Up to $50 per day to lifetime maximum
Six Month Pre-Existing Condition Rider:
The Six Month Pre-Existing Condition Rider is available for those individuals whose destination is the United States, to the states of Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, or Massachusetts only. This rider is also available for groups whose address is in any of those states. The rider will replace the 12 month pre-existing condition waiting period with a six month pre-existing condition waiting period. If this rider
Extension of Coverage
If the plan is purchased for a minimum of three months, coverage may be extended up to 12 months from the initial effective date. Provided there is no break in coverage, the plan may be renewed for up to five years.
The plan provides coverage for maternity the same as any illness.
Conception must occur after the effective date. Routine nursery care of newborns is also subject to the Maximum Limit.
Intercollegiate / Interscholastic / Intramural or Club Sports:
The IMG Student Health Advantage study abroad insurance plan provides coverage for injuries or illnesses sustained while participating in intercollegiate, interscholastic, intramural or club sports.
The IMG Student Health Advantage study abroad insurance plan provides coverage for mental health disorders including alcohol and drug abuse. Out-patient treatment is covered up to $50 per day to the lifetime maximum. Usual, reasonable and customary charges are covered for in-patient treatment up to the lifetime maximum. Student Health Center charges are not eligible for coverage
Injury due to an accident – the plan covers the cost of emergency dental treatment and dental procedures necessary to restore ound natural teeth lost or damaged in an accident.
Sudden dental pain – the plan will pay for the necessary treatment of sudden, unexpected pain to sound natural teeth.
Adventure Sports Rider:
The Adventure Sports Rider is for those up to the age of 65. The following activities are covered to the lifetime maximum amounts listed on page four: abseiling, BMX, bobsleigh, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang
gliding, heli-skiing, high diving, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, mountain biking, paragliding,
parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft, rappelling, rock climbing
or mountaineering (ropes and guides to 4500m from ground level), scuba diving (to 50m), skydiving, snow boarding, snowmobiling, snow skiing, spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V), and wildlife safaris. See brochure fore more.