Insurance for international students studying in the USA is a requirement for your visa. We also insure dependent family members coming with you or visiting.
Our Top Recommended Plan
Patriot Exchange International Student Insurance
- Designed to meet U.S. student visa insurance requirements (except minimum $50,000 medical option)
- Purchasing this student insurance for 3 months or longer allows your student Patriot Exchange insurance to be renewed (without break in coverage for a total of 48 months, as long as you remain eligible as a student
You might also want to consider:
The cost of these plans is very inexpensive in comparison to average health insurance in the USA. Regardless of whom you purchase from (including directly), the prices are set by law and are non-negotiable. However, we can direct your to the best plan as well as be an additional advocate for you with the carriers due to our large volume and favorable relationship.
Why You Need U.S. Insurance
You have been given an incredible opportunity to be able to study in the USA. You have probably worked very hard to make this possible. We want you to be able to focus on your studies so you can succeed and make your family and friends proud. You will want to make sure the insurance you select is accepted in the USA and is written by a well-known, American-based insurance company that is “A” rated or better.
What many people are not aware of is how expensive medical care really is in the USA. There is no nationalized healthcare in the USA. Medical insurance is how Americans afford medical care.
The government requires F1/J1 insurance for international students (and their spouses/families) because of the enormous costs of health care. You can see below for some average prices of medical procedures in the USA.
|Blood Work at a lab||
|24 Hour Hospital Visit||$10,000|
|Having a baby in a hospital||$30,000|
Our plans are very affordable. We have a plan that offers maternity coverage as well.
We offer coverage for your family including your spouse and children, which most international student insurance plans do not allow. All of you can be insured together. Or if you are required to be on an insurance plan through your university, we can insure just your family members. It’s your choice.
The alternative to purchasing health insurance that will provide for your medical care in the USA is to risk having to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills, or risk your family’s financial future.
More Insurance for International Students
More Comprehensive Than Other Health Plans
GeoBlue Navigator International Student Insurance
- A well-known leader in U.S. healthcare and part of the U.S. Blue Cross/Blue Shield network
- Costs less than similar health plans for non-Students, yet exceeds all J1-visa requirements
- Arranges to pay the doctor or hospital directly, and waives deductible if you see a participating physician
Choose From Elite, Select, Budget, or Smart
HCC Student Secure International Student Insurance
- Designed for International Students studying in the U.S. to exceed J1 requirements
- Provides $300,000, 250,000, or $200,000 of coverage per injury/illness
- Includes ambulance, mental health, emergency dental, emergency medical evacuation, and more…
For Maternity Coverage, Family Members Coming With You Or Needing Their Own Health Coverage
Students With Family Traveling With Them
IMG Student Health Advantage International Student Insurance
- Best Student Plan for maternity coverage. Can include dependents and family members as well as student
- If the plan is purchased for a minimum of 3 months, it may be extended/renewed up to 12 months. If no break in coverage, this plan may be renewed for up to 5 years.