We recommend the Patriot short term travel insurance plan with evacuation coverage for people taking a gap year. Here are some of the benefits:
- Coverage per day up to 24 months and longer
- Automatically includes:
- Medical travel insurance
- Medical Evacuation of $500,000 to nearest adequate facility for life threatening medical condition(s)
- Return of mortal remains, political evacuation, , terrorism coverage, and many other benefits
- If overseas ten months or more you may purchase two months of home coverage in USA
- Coverage renewable for up to two years at a time and able to extend
- May purchase for as many times as long as you are/will be traveling/residing outside the U.S. and Canada
- Optional riders/add on you may request:
- Optional Medical Evacuation Plus Rider: for non-life threatening medical evacuation and evacuation for natural disaster. Additional $40/month with a minimum 3 months purchase
- Optional Adventure Sports Rider
- Optional Enhanced AD&D, available for those traveling 3 months or more.
- The Patriot short term travel insurance plan is a great travel medical and evacuation plan for those traveling outside the U.S. and Canada for:
- Vacation travel
- Business travel
- Individuals / Family
- Groups / Teams
- Cruise travel
- Trip cancellation insurance
We offer two Patriot plan options depending on your country of citizenship:
Option 1: Patriot International SM
U.S. citizens traveling outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Option 2: Patriot AmericaSM
Coverage for Non-U.S. citizens traveling throughout the world including the U.S. and Canada, except their country of citizenship.
If you cannot use the BUY ONLINE button above due to a poor or unreliable internet connection, needing to pay by check, or you are from a country that does not allow online form submission due to fraud, use this link to download a paper application (sometimes included as part of their brochure).